Tuesday 12 May 2015

My Current Haircare Routine

Hi again and welcome back to my blog!

This week I thought I would do something a little different and show you everyday haircare routine.

Now I don't use these products every day and in fact I actually wash my hair every 2/3 days as it doesn't need washing too often. I have fine/normal hair and this is the routine that works for me and in fact since I've started using these products my hair has gotten stronger and longer.

First I start with my Label M Honey & Oat Shampoo & Conditioner.  I've mentioned these on my blog before but they really are amazing! Not only do they smell gorgeous (sweet honey/syrup) but they leave my hair fresh, weightless and smelling yummy! I'm sure that switching to this shampoo and conditioner has made a huge difference in the strength of my hair too and allowed it to grow much longer.

Once I've washed my hair I use my beloved Tangle Teaser to get through any knots and straighten out my hair ready to dry or put product in. If you haven't invested in one of these, please do! They are amazing! With soft bristles on the brush it doesn't snag your hair, which means less breakages = healthy hair! Worth. Every. Penny!!

To follow I protect and strengthen my hair with Kerastase Nectar Thermique. Now this stuff is a touch pricy for serum (£17.99) but it is amazing!! You only use a small 20p size amount and run it through the ends of your hair. The heat activates it's power, so use a hairdryer to finish and you're left with soft and manageable hair that looks very healthy (even if you dye your hair!). If you want something to help your dry ends on your hair then look no further. Seriously, I've had this about a year and am almost needing another - I won't use anything else!! LOVE!!

If I feel like styling my hair I use the Tigi S Factor Flat Iron Shine Spray. This stuff is fabulous. Now I can't say for sure how much it protects your hair from the heat but I can say I have noticed less split ends after using this. The other plus on this product is the scent, it smells of strawberries!!! I love using it for that reason alone to be honest! My only issue with this product is use sparingly as if you use a little too much it can weigh down your hair and it looks a little greasy (boo!). So yep, if you're after a nice heat protector that smells amazing and does seem to help keep your hair safe from the heat then yep, this is a good one!

Finally if my hair is looking like it needs a little tlc I use my beloved Loreal Elvive Full Restore Hair Mask. I've used many of these pots over the years. Simply add to wet hair and leave in for a few miniutes (I leave it on in the bath) and then wash out. I definitly see a different in my hair after I've used this. It helps it stay strong and feels silkier too. For the price tag of £3.99 it's an absolute bargain too!

I hope you enjoyed reading about my current hair routine. What is your routine, is there anything you would recommend for me to try?

Jess xox

No comments:

Post a Comment