Wednesday 18 March 2015

March Beauty Haul



Hello my lovelies and welcome back to my blog!

This month I had decided to treat myself to a few little goodies. I figured as now Spring is on the way I can treat myself to some nice little beauty buys to see in this lovely time of year.

Now being a new mom means that I have a habit of forgetting to treat myself at times. All my time, attention and money now goes on our little one. Recently I'd been working super hard and getting in some extra pennies and so I was a little naughty and treated myself to something a little more special than usual! :-)

Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm
I have written a whole blog post on this new cleansing balm as I have fallen in love with it. However as a quick summary it has been my favourite purchase of this month's haul. It easily removes all your makeup, leaves your skin clear and soft and smells heavenly!! :-)

Nivea Firming Lotion
Two weeks in and I have seen a slight improvement to the firming of my skin. Now as I've just had a baby I was really putting this lotion to the test. It doesn't promise any miracles by any means but with some exercise, a balanced diet and this to help keep everything firm - you'll be onto a winner. On a side note, the scent isn't overly exciting but it moisturises well and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth also. I'm going to keep going with this one.. I'll let you know how I get on!

Olay Total Effects BB Cream
I bought this in shade fair. So far I have been loving how moisturising this product is and it gives me a lovely summer's glow.  However I wouldn't repurchase this as the shade just isn't right. It takes a lot of working into the skin for it to blend properly and by the time I have done that there is a little too light of a coverage for my liking. I think next time I will just get the Olay Total Effects Moisturiser instead and see how that sits under my usual foundation.

Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream
I bought this cream with the promise that it's both moisturising but also helps fade dark circles (did I say I was a new mom?!). I need all the help I can get at the moment so took the plunge and treated myself. I have used this eye cream now for two weeks daily and so far I've noticed a massive improvement to my dark circles under my eyes. I'm loving this product and will be using this for my eye cream from now on.

Mac Lustre Lipstick in Syrup
My favourite lipstick brand of all time... Mac. Again this has it's usual Mac finish, texture and scent - all lovely. This shade is a pinky nude, I would say on the slightly darker side. It's great for brunettes as the shade looks so natural. I think this may become a quick everyday favourite!

Mac Sheen Surpreme Lipstick in Blossom Culture
This was a new style of Mac lipstick for me and so I wasnt sure what I was going to think of it but I'm happy to say that after wearing it a couple of times it's beginning to be a nice Springtime favourite of mine. It's a pinky peach shade that is just gorgeous for this time of year. I love the finish of this lipstick too, it's sheer and glowing but also stays put well on my lips!


Thanks for reading!! Next month I may try something a little different for my blog. Let me know if you have any ideas or requests!

Jess xox

No comments:

Post a Comment