Monday 10 August 2015

Make Your Cutlery Look New Again

Hi again and welcome back to my blog!

Today I'm talking about how I get my cutlery looking polished and new again. This is something that is key for any tea lover like myself!

After sometime our cutlery loses it's shine and stains start to sink in. Even with some elbow grease these sometimes don't come out. Well, I have a great little way you can get the stains off and your cutlery looking good as new with a few budget friendly items.

First of all you will need these:

- Kettle/Boiling Water
- Foil
- Baking Dish
- Baking Soda (1tbsp)
- Table Salt (1tbsp)

Then it's just a few simple steps:

1. Line your baking dish with the foil. I used a baking tray but it was almost overflowing, so perhaps a roasting tray would be better suited.

2. Put a handful of cutlery onto the tray (I did about 8 max at a time).

3. Put 1tbsp of the salt all over the cutlery & 1tbsp of the baking soda all over too.

4. Carefully pour the boiling water all over until all of the cutlery is covered with water.



5. Leave to soak for 30 minutes.

Once that's done you buff your cutlery as normal and the stains just wash straight off!

This is such an easy trick and saves so much time and money! These are my before and after results for you, just amazing!

Before


After

As you can see I had fantastic results! I just love this little trick.

I hope you found this useful and let me know if you would like anymore lifestyle and home tips :)

Thanks for reading!
Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment